“Open thy mouth, and it shall be filled”
“Open thy mouth”
“Open thy mouth” is a ubiquitous phrase from the Bible. In the 1769 KJV Bible:
- Psalms 81:10 — I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt: open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.
- Proverbs 31:8 — Open thy mouth for the dumb in the cause of all such as are appointed to destruction.
- Proverbs 31:9 — Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy.
- Ezekiel 2:8 — But thou, son of man, hear what I say unto thee; Be not thou rebellious like that rebellious house: open thy mouth, and eat that I give thee.
- Ezekiel 3:27 — But when I speak with thee, I will open thy mouth, and thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; He that heareth, let him hear; and he that forbeareth, let him forbear: for they are a rebellious house.
- Ezekiel 16:63 — That thou mayest remember, and be confounded, and never open thy mouth any more because of thy shame, when I am pacified toward thee for all that thou hast done, saith the Lord GOD.
“Shall be filled”
“Shall be filled” is a ubiquitous phrase from the Bible. In the 1769 KJV Bible:
- Proverbs 12:21 — There shall no evil happen to the just: but the wicked shall be filled with mischief.
- Proverbs 14:14 — The backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways: and a good man shall be satisfied from himself.
- Proverbs 20:17 — Bread of deceit is sweet to a man; but afterwards his mouth shall be filled with gravel.
- Jeremiah 13:12 — Therefore thou shalt speak unto them this word; Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Every bottle shall be filled with wine: and they shall say unto thee, Do we not certainly know that every bottle shall be filled with wine?
- Ezekiel 39:20 — Thus ye shall be filled at my table with horses and chariots, with mighty men, and with all men of war, saith the Lord GOD.
- Habakkuk 2:14 — For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.
- Zechariah 9:15 — The LORD of hosts shall defend them; and they shall devour, and subdue with sling stones; and they shall drink, and make a noise as through wine; and they shall be filled like bowls, and as the corners of the altar.
- Matthew 5:6 — Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
- Luke 1:15 — For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother’s womb.
- Luke 3:5 — Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth;
- Luke 6:21 — Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.