Why are people leaving?
- 2013 report, account, and presentation on LDS Faith Crises (Greg Prince, John Dehlin, Travis Stratford and others created report presented to LDS leadership)
- Understanding Mormon Disbelief (initial survey related to above 2013 report)
- The Next Mormons: Survey by Jana Reiss (large unbiased survey producing multiple downstream analyses like this or this)
- Do leaders understand members who are in a faith crisis? (David Ostler’s survey and analysis of hundreds of leaders and former members about faith crises)
- 2017 Survey of exmormons on reddit (discussion here) (by frogontrombone)
- Top 5 myths and truths about why committed Mormons leave the Church (John Dehlin)
- Are More People Leaving the LDS Church? (good summary of some of Reiss’s paywalled findings; data from leadership survey)
Who is leaving?
- Who Is Leaving the Church? Demographic Predictors of Ex–Latter-day Saint Status in the Pew Religious Landscape Survey (Cranney BYU Studies 2019 analysis of 2014 Pew data)
- Why are people leaving the Mormon Church (churchistrue blog including speculation and discussion of the bubble chart from MormonLeaks]